Pax2pay is an award-winning digital payment solution. Having operated in the travel industry for a number of years, and with customers in countries all over the world - no one understands the pain points of the travel sector like Pax2pay. And no one can solve them like Pax2pay either.
The purpose of this role will be to:
- Develop dashboards that provide insights to the business
- Automate and improve business processes with analytical skills
- Ensure all customers are set up accurately and logical conditions are in Big Query views to support evolving commercial terms
- Enable and carry out data work across the Paxport Group businesses including Pax2pay Ltd and Paxport UK
- Experiment with different statistical and machine learning techniques to support forecasting and predictive analytics
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the structure and the content of data
- Manipulating, analysing and interpreting data
- Carrying out data quality control e.g. cleansing, auditing and validating data
- Preparing reports, dashboards, charts and visualisations
- Building productive relationships with stakeholders and clients
To be successful in the role you will be/have:
- Knowledge of and experience in using Structured Query Language (SQL), MySQL, PostgreSQL and Google BigQuery dialects
- Knowledge of and some experience in using object oriented programming such as R, and Python3 libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, and Matplotlib
- The ability to connect to, query and extract data from major relational database management systems
- Experience with at least one Cloud provider, e.g. GCP/AWS/Azure
- Working knowledge of Linux operating system (OS) and the ability to process and move data from virtual machines (VMs) running on Linux OS
Non technical skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to gather, analyse and interpret requirements and business rules from stakeholders and internal/external clients
- Must be highly organised in order to coordinate, manage and prioritise own workload
- Must exhibit relentless attention to detail and be curious and inquisitive
- Used to dealing with sensitive and confidential business data
- 2+ years of practical experience (beneficial)
- Undergraduate degree in a STEM subject (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) or additional, equivalent, industry experience.
- Fluent spoken and written English
Please note all successful candidates will be subject to satisfactory references and pre-employment screening checks (Basic criminal record check, identity check, Adverse financial check, Right to Work documents check).
In exchange for your commitment and talent, we offer a challenging, fun and stimulating working environment with a wide range of benefits including;
- Industry competitive salary + OTE
- 25 days holiday per year plus all bank holidays applicable in England & Wales.
- A company pension scheme.
- Perkbox Benefits - Including instant access to a GP, a weekly treat and
endless shopping / discount schemes.
- Cyclescheme Salary Sacrifice.
- Free eye tests and flu vaccinations.
- Gym/fitness subsidy.
- Regular social activities and events throughout the year.