Pax2pay modernises and simplifies payments in the Travel industry. We are a FinTech company located in both the centre of Bristol and Uppsala, Sweden. Our clients are key players in the Travel sector and our partners are key players in the FinTech world. Established in 2019, we are currently a growing team of 20 - come and grow with us!
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with previous experience within the payments industry to join our Team in Uppsala, Sweden. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining, and planning the development of the Pax2pay Platform, managing a team of driven developers to help them get the job done
This role will primarily be based in Uppsala, Sweden and reporting directly to the CTO. The successful candidate will:
- Manage the Roadmap: maintain and plan the further development of our payments platform, as well as the life cycle and feature roadmap alongside the CTO.
- Optimise processes: spot and eliminate potential single points of failure; enforce Cyber security policy and PCI Compliance, and ensure scalability and cost efficiency of the business.
- Manage a Team of Developers: Lead, nurture and develop a team of direct reports, ensuring they have clear tasks and targets, as well as a clear understanding of business goals to ensure we are always working to high standards.
- Reporting: Participate in regular status meetings with all key Suppliers, and play an active part in resolving technical (API) issues
Please note, this role will require the successful candidate to be competent with SW Architecture and cloud infrastructure.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the FinTech/ Financial Services sector as a Senior Developer or Team Lead/ Engineering Manager.
- A passion for leadership and process development
- Experience in applying agile ideas and methods to software development projects
- Experience in architecting real-world non-trivial web applications and business systems
- Experience managing remote development teams.
- Strong grasp of the working English language
- A BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent
Please note, this role requires the successful candidate to be on-site in the Uppsala office 2-3 days per week, as well as occasional travel to other countries.